To All Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. In light of the current situation, we have been working tirelessly to further adapt our infection control protocols in order to ensure the safety and comfort of every patient. Our office strictly follows the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we remain up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Our office has resumed seeing patients and will continue to take all precautions.
Below is a list of some of the changes you will experience upon your arrival for your next appointment:
- Prior to your visit, our office will contact you via text or phone to ask initial screening questions.
- Patient´s temperature will be taken upon arrival using a specialized no-touch thermometer.
- You may notice that the chairs in the waiting room have been distanced 6 feet apart and that we no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. In addition, we have added convenient night and weekend hours to accommodate our patients.
- Our staff and dentists will be wearing additional protective material to further maintain a safe and sterile environment in the office.
We have significantly increased the frequency of cleaning our facility
from the waiting room through the operatories, in addition to the already
rigorous OSHA guidelines we follow. In particular, we have been wiping
down the counter tops, door handles, bathrooms, exam chairs and other
common contact areas.
We are not seeing patients that have any of the following symptoms of coronavirus in the past 2 weeks or exposed to someone who has:
- A temperature above 99°
- Fever, with or without coughing, shortness of breath
- Acute onset of headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, chills
- Exposed to someone who has coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you have experienced any of the above, please contact your local physician or emergency room to seek treatment. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Please do not hesitate to be in touch with us should you have any further
questions about the steps we are taking to keep our patients safe.
Stay safe and stay healthy.
Dr. Shteingart & Your Team at Plaza Dentistry